1What is tolerance stack up?
Tolerance stack up analysis is performed to find-out the minimum and maximum distance between two datums.
2Why is stackup analysis needed?
It is not possible to manufacture the parts with precise dimensions. This creates dimensional variations in the manufactured parts. These variations are additive. They can cause problems at the time of assembling. Either the parts may not fit into the assembly or there could be functionality issues. This results into wastage of material, quality issues and cost overheads. It is therefore necessary to be able to predict what percentage of parts will assemble properly. These predictions are done using stackup analysis.
3What are the key benefits of Geometric Stackup ?
- Helps to perform one-dimensional tolerance stackup for an assembly of parts
- Utilizes worst case and RSS method (Statistical method)
- Analysis can be done faster than the manual process or excel sheet
- Provides a visual display of the 3-dimensional models
- Generates result in the form of a report, for the analyzed model
4What are the system requirements to Geometric Stackup?
- Operating Systems (32 & 64 bit) – Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Monitor – 1280 X 1024 or higher resolution with support for 32-bit color
- RAM – 4GB or more recommended
- Internet Explorer version 9.0 and above
- Microsoft Excel 2007 and above
- Graphics Hardware supporting OpenGL 1.4 and above
5Who should use Geometric Stackup?
Geometric Stackup is developed for the users who do 1D tolerance stackup analysis.
6Which CAD versions are supported?
|Autodesk Inventor||Upto 2017||IPT, IAM|
|Catia V5||R4 to V5-6R2016||CATPart, CATProduct, CATShape, CGR|
|Creo||Elements/Pro 5.0 Up to Parametric 3.0||ASM, NEU, PRT, XAS, XPR|
|Parasolid||Up to v27.0||X_B, X_T, XMT, XMT_TXT|
|Pro/Engineer||Up to Wildfire 5||ASM, NEU, PRT, XAS, XPR|
|Siemens PLM-NX||Unigraphics V11.0 to NX 10.0||PRT|
|Solid Edge||V19 – 20, ST – ST8||ASM, PAR, PWD, PSM|
|SOLIDWORKS||Up to 2016||SLDASM, SLDPRT|
|STEP||AP 203 E1/E2, AP 214, AP 242||STP, STEP, STP.Z|
|Stereo Lithography (STL)||All Versions||STL|
|2 D||DXF and DWG|